Group trips can be an exciting time but planning for it can be stressful. Packing efficiently and effectively will make your trip much more enjoyable and make the most of your available space. Here are 11 packing hacks for student groups to help you make the most out of your trip:
- Wear bulky items on the plane: If you’re planning to wear a heavy coat or bring a large backpack on the plane, wear it! This will save space in your suitcase and make it easier to squeeze all of your items into one bag.
- Pack clothes that can be mixed and matched: Choose clothing items that can easily be layered and paired with each other to create multiple looks. This will help you bring fewer items and maximize the space in your suitcase.
- Roll clothes instead of folding: Rolling your clothes tightly can help save space and keep your outfits wrinkle-free. Place rolled items at the bottom of your bag for added stability.
- Stuff shoes with socks and other small items: Shoes take up a lot of room in suitcases, but you can minimize their footprint by stuffing them with socks, underwear and other small items.
- Utilize all available space: Take advantage of all the nooks and crannies of your suitcase and use packing cubes to organize smaller items. This will help you fit more into your suitcase and keep everything organized.
- Pack items in vacuum sealed bags: Vacuum-sealed bags can compress bulky items like sweaters and jackets to make them much more compact. They’re also great for keeping clothes clean during the trip.
- Share toiletries with friends: You don’t need to bring a full-size version of every toiletry item you need. To save space, consider sharing certain items with your friends or buying travel-sized versions.
- Don’t forget the basics: Make sure you bring all the essentials like an extra phone charger, medicine and a first-aid kit. These items can take up a lot of space, so make sure you pack them wisely.
- Make use of plastic bags: Plastic bags are great for keeping wet and dirty clothes separate from the rest of your luggage. They’re also ideal for packing shoes to keep them from getting your clothes dirty.
- Pack light snacks: You never know when you’ll need a quick snack while on the go, so it’s always a good idea to pack some non-perishable items like chips and granola bars.
- Invest in travel friendly electronics: If you plan to bring any electronics with you, make sure they are travel friendly and won’t take up too much room. Consider investing in foldable headphones or a portable charger to save space.
These 11 packing hacks for student groups are great tips to help you pack more efficiently and create more space in your suitcase. By following these tips, you’ll be able to maximize the items you bring without sacrificing any comfort or convenience during your trip.