Big Surf Arizona
Providing Family Fun for 50 Years
Welcome to Big Surf Arizona, the place to be on a hot summer day!
This waterpark is located in Tempe, Arizona, just about 20 minutes away from greater Phoenix, and was first established in 1969. The park boasts the first wave pool in the United States, designed by Phil Dexter, who actually began his trials for the pool in his own backyard. In the past, this park was a popular destination for major headlining concerts such as Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chicago, and more, a tradition that the park is trying to bring back today with the Sound Wave Electronic Dance Music festivals.
The biggest draw to the park is the aforementioned wave pool, a 2.5 million gallon pool that is known as 'America's original wave pool'. The pool allows rafts, boogie boards, and surfboards, with lessons available at the park for each. Guests under 48 inches will need to wear a life vest in the pool.
Of course, there are several more attractions to enjoy at the park, including the following;
- Hurricane Slides - 3 fast and fun slide options
- The Black Hole - dark enclosed slide thrill
- Tornado Twisters - twisting body slides
- White Serpentine - twists and turns galore
- Kilauea Cove Slides - single or double tube options
- Tahitian Twisters - body slides for kids at least 36 inches
- Kiddie Attractions - Otter slides, Captain Cook Landing, Bora Bora Bay
There are dozens of food and beverage options available at the park when you work up an appetite!