American Writers Museum
Named 'One of the World's 10 Greatest New Museums' by Fodor Magazine as well as USA Today '10 Best' Readers Choice attractions for Illinois, The American Writers Museums is one of the most literary influential stops your group can make while in Chicago.
A national museum celebrating American authors, this stop will allow your group to learn much more about authors across the country, their influence on society, and the importance of their works. The various permanent and temporary exhibits within are meant to 'engage the public in celebrating American writers and exploring their influence on our history, our identity, our culture, and our daily lives'.
Here are the permanent exhibits your group can look forward to exploring during their visit:
- Hometown Authors - A hall full of interactive kiosks that allow guests to locate and learn about authors near their own hometown.
- American Values - A 60 foot long multi-layered exhibit that covers information on over 100 authors.
- A Nation of Writers - An amazing projection mapping technology film discussing different writing forms.
- Suprise Bookshelf - Samples of popular literature pieces and various trivia-like facts about them.
- Word Waterfall - A more 'contemplative and meditative' experience with words.
- Chicago Writers: Visionaries and Troublemakers
- Mind of a Writer
- Children's Literature Gallery