New York, Chocolate, and Travel: What could be better??
A Slice of Brooklyn Bus Tours has put together what we think is one of the most entertaining, educational, and epically delicious tours in New York, the Brooklyn Chocolate Tour.
This company puts together some of the most insightful tours in the Brooklyn area, offering both locals and guests to the city incredible opportunities to see behind the scenes action in iconic eateries and sightsee in well-known neighborhood spots. Not only will guests learn a lot on these tours, they will also taste a lot, a truly delightful way to get to know a neighborhood.
The Brooklyn Chocolate Tour is perfect for student groups because it mixes quality information about the history of chocolate and chocolate making in general with quality confections we know your group will love. What better way to get students involved in history and culinary education than with chocolate?
So what will your student group get to see and do on this tour? Let us fill you in:
- 3 hours of chocolatey goodness
- 3 chocolate-filled and chocolate-famous stops
- Signature samples galore
- History of chocolate
- Learn how chocolate is made
- Sightsee 3 iconic Brooklyn neighborhoods (Cobble Hill, Red Hook, Carroll Garden)
- A Stop at Valentino Pier for one of the bet views of the Statue of Liberty in the entire city
3 Stops, 3 amazing Chocolatiers:
- Jacques Torres - Known as 'Mr. Chocolate', this artisan chocolatier puts a fine French touch on his signature, handmade creations, the top notch treats ranging from delicate macaroons and truffles to some of the best chocolate chip cookies in New York. Premium ingredients, original combinations, and a passion for chocolate really make Jacques Torres stand out from the crowd.
- Raaka Chocolates - 'Innovative and creative' are two words that perfectly describe Raaka Chocolates, Raaka being Finnish for raw. This is a bean to bar craft chocolate factory, the product made from scratch with no roasting. Tour the place, taste the artisanal and wildly flavored chocolate bars, and even peep in on a cocoa grinding class possibly. Be sure to try to Ghost Pepper Chocolate before you go!
- The Chocolate Room - Your last stop on this tour will certainly not disappoint, Zagat calling this 'a paradise for chocolate lovers'. This Park Slope chocolate hot-spot is a desert cafe serving high-end chocolates and incredible desserts, accompanied by handmade ice creams and extraordinary coffees (and cocoas). See how it's all put together behind the scenes, from the epic sundae's to the chocolate fondue for two.
Watch the video below to see all the action!