The Golden State may not be the very first place you think of to celebrate the snowy Holiday season, but maybe it should be!
Aside from the pleasantly warm temperatures, you'll find on the west coast, California also boasts what we consider to be a Christmastime Travel Gem: DISNEYLAND!
Disneyland is one of America’s top family holiday destinations, a place where you will find hordes of holiday cheer, of course with several essentially Cali touches! International cultural delights, cheery pier-side spectacles, and the ever-popular ‘It’s a Small World’ holiday display all await you at this holiday hotspot!
New this year Disneyland has what they are calling the Festival of Holidays, a new program intertwining international cultural touches with one of the biggest holiday celebrations of the year. Several of the points below are considered to be a part of that cultural feature!
**Most attractions are open thru January 8th, 2017.
- World of Color - Season of Light - Paradise Pier
Magnificent lights, cheerful music, and jumping water patterns you won’t believe will delight any guest.
- Festive Foods Marketplace - Pacific Wharf
14 different international cuisine kiosks will serve their ultimate holiday traditional foods, you better come hungry!
- Meet Santa Claus - Grizzly Peak
The holidays simply wouldn’t be complete without a visit from Santa, so go see him and his elves before you go!
- Holiday Toy Drummers and other Entertainment - Various
Enjoy the several different types of performers lining the streets this holiday season, from the classic Toy Drummers to a Mariachi Band!
- Disney Viva Navidad Street Party - Paradise Pier
Holiday cheer with an authentic Latin-flair.
- It’s a Small World Holiday - Fantasyland
See the Disney classic all decked-out for the holidays!
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade - Disneyland Resort
Disney characters make their way down Main Street USA with the one and only Santa Claus! This typically lasts about 45 minutes.
- Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks - Disneyland Resort
Lively holiday music, a dusting of snow, and seriously spectacular fireworks: this event is worth the trip!
- Jingle Cruise - Adventureland
The classic safari boat cruise with an extra special holiday twist.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday - New Orleans Square
See the spooky classic decked out with all of Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas essentials!
- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour - Disneyland Resort - $85
Get an insider’s look at how the crew keeps the holidays so sparkling across the park.