Discovery Green stands as a beaming example of environmental best practices applied to a public project that has become the centerpiece of Houston’s downtown.” -- Mayor Annise Parker
Welcome to Discovery Green, the 12-acre public urban parkland located in the heart of downtown Houston, right off of La Branch Street.
What makes this park so green? Several different things! The buildings use high-efficiency air and light systems, the irrigation systems are rigged to use minimal water, and there are solar panels for all buildings! Plus, of course, the greenery and plants themselves!
Here at the park, your group can do several different things, depending on your timeline for the visit, your goal, and your interests. Here are some things to do while here:
- Field Trip Activities
- Guided Tours - 20 to 30 minutes long, goes over park programming, art, gardens, and overall sustainability
- Puppet Show - K-4
- Picnic Lunch - Box lunches from Lake House Cafe available for order
- Art Walk - Check out the Synchronicity of Color, Art Carts, or Monument Au Fantome.
- Water Attractions - Mist Tree and Kinder Lake
- McNair Jogging Trail
- Macondo's Grove
- Putting Green
- Dog Run
- Fondren Performance Space - performance groups!!!!
There is SO much to do here, this is a great choice for any age or size group!