Hickory Run State Park
Located in the Kidder and Penn Forest townships, spread across the Pocono Mountains, you will find the massive 15,990-acre Hickory Run State Park.
This state park offers guests from the Pennslyvania and New York region 40+ miles of hiking trails, trout streams, seemingly endless outdoor recreation options, and access to the Boulder Field landmark, which is a striking boulder-strewn area you can walk through that is known as a National Natural Landmark.
During your groups visit you will have several options for things to do, including the following:
- Explore Lehigh Gorge
- Fish for trout at Mud Run
- Hike Shades of Death Trail
- Camp out in a cottage or tent
- Enjoy lakeside recreation at Sand Spring Lake
- Enjoy the cool waters below Hawk Falls
- Discover the Stametz Dam
- Hike through Boulder Field
- Play a round of disc golf
- Plan a picnic lunch
- So much more!!
Each March through November there are onsite environmental educational specialists who lead hands-on activities, guided walks, and presentations on natural and historic resources in the area. There is also a seasonal camp store on site.