'Whether you're looking for must-do attractions ot add to your itinerary, the perfect local outing with friends and family, or inspiration for your next vacation, we're here to help you experience it all'. - Hornblower Cruises and Events
Hornblower Cruises and Events is a California-based company that provides a myriad of cruise and sightseeing tour options in California and New York City. There are 7 ports in California, one in NYC, and two additional National Park Service ports with Alcatraz Cruises and Statue Cruises (NYC). The company has also recently started offering Niagara Cruises in partnership with the Niagara Parks Commission.
Hornblower Cruises first opened in 1980 and has since focused on one mission solely: delivering premier, high-quality dining, entertainment, and cruise experiences. The company offers dinner, brunch, cocktail, and holiday-themed cruises, as well as several private school and corporate event options. Each port city offers something unique, such as harbor cruises, river cruises, whale watching cruises, and sightseeing cruises, depending on the city.
The company also partners with American Queen Steamboat Company, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, and Victory Cruiselines, the latter of which offers cruises in the Great Lakes, Canada, Alaska, St. Lawrence, and more.
Here are Hornblowers port cities and cruise/ship offerings:
- New York City - Groups of under 30 people (more than 30 will want a private charter) you can choose from any of the many themed cruises, such as City Lights, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Alive After Five, and of course, Sightseeing. The International Sightseeing tour will take you to all the most historic landmarks around the city, lasting just about an hour. The City Lights cruise provides a 3-course dinner, dancing, and unbeatable views of the Manhattan skyline, with photo ops at the Brooklyn Bridge and Ellis Island. This is a 3-hour cruise. School groups, in particular, will want to consider the Lunch Dance Party, a 2-hour long fun cruise with a live DJ and plentiful buffet, this party meant for 6th through 12th graders.
- Sacramento - Choose between the Historic Riverboat Cruise or the Educational Sacramento School River Tour, each option providing your group with top-notch local history, the subjects of early settlement, the Gold Rush, and the Pony Express all discussed in an exciting way. You will see such major city historic sites as the Delta King, I Street Bridge, Tower Bridge, and Air Force docks, plus a great general view of Old Sacramento. Each cruise lasts about an hour and features an onboard snack bar. There are also holiday and special event cruises we will check on for your group beforehand, such as the popular 4th of July cruise, Father’s Day Cruise, Santa Holiday Cruise, Spooky Sacramento Cruise, and Gold Rush Fever Cruise.
- San Francisco - San Francisco Belle, California Hornblower, San Francisco Spirit, Empress Hornblower, Pacific Hornblower, Sunset Hornblower, Commodore Hornblower, Hornblower Hybrid Alcatraz, Pier 3
- Berkely - Empress Hornblower, Pacific Hornblower, Sunset Hornblower, Commodore Hornblower
- San Diego - Inspiration Hornblower, Admiral Hornblower, Adventure Hornblower, M/V High Spirits, Emerald Hornblower, Newport Hornblower, Renown
- Marina Del Rey - Dream On, Entertainer, Marina Hornblower, Icon, Just Dreamin, Mojo, Zumbrota, Lady Hornblower, Cabaret, Pontoon Boats
- Newport Beach - Endless Dreams, Entertainer, Icon, Just Dreamin, Wild Goose, Mojo, Dream Maker, Cabaret, M/V Hornblower
- Long Beach - Dream On, Inspiration Hornblower, Entertainer, Endless Dreams, Icon, Just Dreamin, Mojo, Dream Maker
- DC - Spirit of DC, Odyssey DC, National Elite, Matthew Hayes
- Baltimore - Inner Harbor Spirit, Spirit of Baltimore
- Chicago - Seadog Thrill Rides, Odyssey, Spirit of Chicago, Chicago Elite
- Boston - Majesty, Rendezvous, Boston Elite, Seaport Elite
- Philadelphia - Freedom Elite, Spirit of Philadelphia
- Toronto - Northern Spirit, Rosemary, Oriole, Klancy II
- Niagara Falls- Voyage to the Falls