Mixon Fruit Farms
Welcome to Mixon Fruit Farms, the local orange grove and packing plant that serves as an excellent educational and eco-friendly attraction stop for your group.
While here your group will have the chance to ride the Orange Blossom Express (11 am and 1 pm daily, closed Sunday), a fun 1-hour tram tour that will teach you all the 'secrets of citrus' through various info tidbits and trivia. During the ride, you will pass the Children's Magical Maze, Wedding Pavilion, Gazebo, Wetlands Pond, and Koi Pond. After the ride head over to the Wildlife Rescue interactive educational show, featuring local rescued animals.
Of course, you will also spend time seeing the orange grove itself, and you will even get to see inside the packing house and get a free freshly squeezed cup of orange juice from the oranges you just saw on the trees! Mixon Farms also has a Fudge Counter shop, Groveside Cafe (try the orange swirl ice cream), and 140,000 square foot gift shop to visit before you go. If you plan on staying a while you can opt-in for group lunches, as well.
Here's a tidbit from the folks at Mixon themselves!
- See old & new farm equipment in a working citrus grove
- Experience Florida’s history & cultural heritage. Learn about the citrus industry – Second only to tourism in Florida.
- Visit our BRAND NEW "AMAZING PLAY PLACE!".
- Birthday Parties! Company Picnics! So much to do!
- Huge ball pit slide, Tetherball, Putting Green, Water Duck Race, Giant Chess Set...Activities for all ages! Great place for a birthday party!
- Discover citrus health benefits, recipes, and menu planner
- View our butterfly garden, packinghouse & juice processing
- Take photos in the grove – fun caricature photo stands
- Have a picnic - a great place to enjoy nature while the kids play
- Interact with Florida Wildlife