Moaning Caverns Adventure Park
Welcome to Moaning Caverns Adventure Park in Calaveras County, California, the heart of Gold Country! This spectacular natural cavern and adventure park offer guests opportunities for tons of fun and exploration, with onsite cave tours, ziplining, rappelling, and much more available onsite.
Moaning Caverns cave system was discovered by gold miners in 1851, though it was long-known by prehistoric people beforehand. The name comes from the mysterious moaning echos that can be heard from the mouth of the cave. The base of the cavern goes 165 feet underground, the cavern holding 20-30 foot thick ceilings in between. You can actually fit the Statue of Liberty with its base inside the open area of Moaning Caverns!
During your visit, your group will have several different options for adventure, including the following;
- Spiral Tour - Venture down 65 feet to the first chamber viewing platform, funneling into smaller passageways with the opportunity to continue 10 more stories on the spiral staircase to the base of the chamber. 45-minute tour.
- Expedition Tour - A 3+ hour tour that takes you through undeveloped parts of the cave with no light, no stairs, and no walkways. Climb and belly crawl your way through various passages with your lighted helmet and prepare for an adventure like no other.
- Ziplining - Let loose on these fast-paced and intense racing zip lines, with options for regular or tandem rides.
- Climbing Wall - Take on the 32 foot El Capitan climbing wall, perfect for any age/skill level climbers.
- Rappelling, Gold Rush Maze, Panning for Gemstones, and more.
View this post on Instagram