Red and White Fleet Cruises
See the Bay in a whole new way...
Get ready for one of the most exciting ways to see the city with a Red and White Fleet Bay Cruise, a highly popular tour experience providing the best views of the city skyline, Alcatraz, and both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. What better way to immerse yourselves in local scenery than with an seaside view of it all?
The Red and White Fleet tour company is one of the oldest businesses in the Bay area, the first cruise boat purchased for $80 in 1892. Official tours began in 1915 during the Panama Pacific International Expo at the World's Fair. This is the first cruise line along the Cali coast, with plenty of history in the industry, making it a seriously top-notch experience. It is also family owned and operated, giving it that personal feel as well as professional.
Here are the top cruises offered:
- California Twilight (November - March) - Especially popular during the holidays, when the city is aglow with festive cheer.
- Golden Gate Bay Cruise - The original, and many walk away saying the best, the tour offered by the Red and White Fleet. - 1 Hour
- Bridge to Bridge - A voyage from Golden Gate Bridge to Bay Bridge, with glimpses of Alcatraz, ATT Park, and the Ferry Building along the way - 1.5 Hours
- California Sunset Cruise - Food, music, and great ambiance come with this delightful cruise, as well as views of Angel Island and Sausalito.
- NYE Firework Cruise - A truly spectacular display of pyrotechnics from the water.
The company also offers land tours. The most popular choices include:
- Hop on Hop Off City Tour
- Wine Country Tour
- Muir Woods Tour
- Monterey and Carmel Tour
- Yosemite in a Day Tour
- San Francisco Grand City Tour
Groups get an especially accommodating treatment when they cruise with Red and White, with dining options at Capurro's Italian eatery, larger vessel options (The Zalophus holds 600), and bus loading at the pier.