Welcome to the center of entertainment, food, and nightlife in Austin, Sixth Street! This strip of iconic Austin boasts a colorful array of bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues throughout, 'a sure bet for experiencing local characters and the vibrancy of the city'.
This is one of those types of attractions that you just have to see for yourself to truly understand, but we will list a few of the most popular offerings as far as entertainment, food, and tours go.
- Ester's Follies - Popular entertainment venue featuring high-class comedy and magic shows.
- Alamo Drafthouse Ritz - Popular movie theater that serves up cold beverages and hot meals during your cinematic experience.
- Museum of the Weird - Explore all things bizarre in this uniquely Austin museum hidden gem.
- Easy Tiger - Freshly baked bread, house-made sausages, a full bar, and excellent outdoor scenery easily make this a favorite eatery choice on Sixth.
- Voodoo Doughnut - If you haven't heard about the genius creations at Voodoo Doughnuts yet, you are seriously missing out. Enjoy some of the most inventive and delicious donuts around!
- Chez Nous - Oo la la! In the mood for something a little fancier? Head to this popular French eatery for a nice sit-down dinner.
- Double Decker Bus Tours Austin - Enjoy a ride on Austin’s only guided hop on hop off double-decker bus tour service, taking you to all of the most popular Austin downtown hot spots.
- Austin Eats Food Tours - This food tour is considered to be the best public Austin food tour, each tour option lasting approximately 3 hours and allowing you to sample 4-6 local eateries.
- SegCity - Austin’s original guided segway tour service that will take you to the city's top attractions in a unique and really fun way.