Come Experience Stetson Mansion
Florida’s Most Historic Home
Welcome to the Stetson Mansion in DeLand, Florida, the state's largest, grandest, and most historic home build before 1900.
Designed by Philadelphia architect George T Pearson in 1886, this home was built for iconic hat manufacturer John B. Stetson. This location is not a museum, rather a private residence that offers seasonal tours for those interested in getting an inside peek into the lavish gilded age mansion. Located on 3 acres, the home was one of the first in the world designed and built with Edison electricity, this is just one of the many interesting facts you can learn during a Historical Past and Present Tour.
Tours are offered each February through September, as well as a special holiday-themed Christmas Spectacular tour November 11th - January 17th. The past and present tours are offered with two options; Standard Guided Tour and Grand Guided Tour. Explore the private residence with its 95% original architectural details inside and see lavish features such as the following:
- The country's most beautiful and elaborate inlaid parquet floors (16 different patterns).
- Antique windows with over 10,000 panes of glass.
- Magnificently embellished and appointed rooms, and hallways of the mansion.
- Original schoolhouse, which has been converted into a beautiful Zen guest house featuring the original soaring Polynesian ceiling.
- Grand Guided Tour Only: Four more decorated bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, the balcony in the tower room, the boardroom and the Stetson memorabilia room.