Traveling with children isn't always the easiest task, especially when trying to navigate a huge airport in a no-so-familiar city.
Good news for parents and teachers gearing up to travel with kids in the near future; there are plenty of airports across the United States that offer helpful, kid-friendly features, from nursing stations for infants to free Wi-Fi for teens!
We think there is a clear choice for the top 5 most kid-friendly airports in America, so consider traveling through these helpful aviation stations during your next trip with the young ones!
- Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport - BWI
- Infants - Two nursing stations with electric outlets and chairs near women's restrooms on Concourse C
- Children - Expansive children's play area in the Observation Gallery
- Teens - Free Wi-Fi for 45 minutes plus local historic education about Civil Rights activist Thurgood Marshall
- Chicago O'Hare International - ORD
- Infants - Mother's rooms in all terminals
- Children - Playspace provided by the Children's Museum of Chicago with a mock plane, cockpit, and LEGO-filled play area
- Teens - Free Wi-Fi for 30 minutes plus 'Play it Safe' exhibit education from Chicago Fire Department
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport - DFW
- Infants - Three full nursing rooms
- Children - Junior Flyer Club in A13 providing padded playground and climbing tower
- Teens - Free 60 minute tours of local art shown throughout the airport
- **Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport - MSP
- Infants - Two fully-stocked lactation centers
- Children - Two different children's areas with mock planes, control towers, and more
- Teens - 2 free hours of Wi-Fi
**Autism/sensory help available**
- Miami International Airport - MIA
- Infants - Specially dedicated MIAmamas Suites for mamas in need of private feeding space
- Children - Plane Fun interactive children's area with toddler space and video screen floor simulating take off
- Teens - Touch screen photo ops within the Plane Fun area