Last year, 75.6 million international arrivals (Canada, Mexico, and overseas) visited U.S. destinations.
Jul 20, 2017 - Skift
The international travel market within the U.S. is, of course, a major one, our country welcoming millions upon millions of visitors from all across the world each year.
Here at Adventure Student Travel we love hosting international travel groups, and we certainly have a list of the top destinations these travelers want to see and why when they visit. Check out our Top 10 U.S. Destinations for International Inbound Travelers list below, then book your own trip with us today!
- New York CityThere is no question what the number one visited U.S. destination is for international travelers, The Big Apple! New York City offers international visitors all the finest in American shopping, dining, entertainment, and sightseeing. From seeing world-class art at the MET to taking in the views from the Empire State Building observation tower, there are so many different ways to make memories and experience a true American icon here in NYC!
- Las VegasWhether it be for gambling or for sightseeing in general, Las Vegas is always a popular choice for inbound travelers. Believe it or not, many people come to Vegas for culinary adventures, the dining scene here pretty unbelievable, as is the shopping scene. Outside of the dizzyingly bright lights of the Vegas strip, you can also visit several nearby national parks and natural areas, from Lake Mead Recreational Area to Death Valley National Park!
- San DiegoSan Diego is one of America's most visited cities for both domestic and international travelers, this Cali Coast city providing guests with education, entertainment, beachside recreation, and so much more. Spend some time at Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Mission Beach, or La Jolla Cove!
- ChicagoThe Windy City is certainly at the top of many international travelers list, this exciting American city holding some of the most well-known museums, skyscrapers, and attractions. Shopping and dining options are certainly not lacking here, with some of our countries top chefs and top brands calling Chicago home. Visit the Navy Pier, Field Museum, and Hancock Tower while here. Of course, you can't leave without seeing The Bean!
- MiamiThe Sunshine State surely doesn't disappoint when it comes to excellent travel destinations, especially when we are talking about Miami! Miami is a sultry summer hotspot that allows visitors to soak up some sun seaside during the day, and hit the vibrant culinary, shopping, and entertainment scene during the night! This is truly one of those 'best of both worlds' destinations, especially if you are looking for exciting nightlife options!
- Los Angeles
Los Angeles is an American tourism staple, this California city close to the ocean, close to Hollywood, and close to several natural forests and recreation areas. There are seemingly endless options for things to do while here, from the world-famous Griffith Observatory and Hollywood Sign to Long Beach and Santa Monica. Did we mention it's extremely close proximity to Anaheim, home of Disneyland? Yeah, you definitely won't run out of things to do here!
- OrlandoBack into the Sunshine State for this next popular international travel destination, the always entertaining Orlando! Orlando is probably most popular due to Disneyworld, one of America's most highly attended entertainment attractions, as well as Epcot, Universal Studios, and Animal Kingdom. Outside of this extremely fun theme park conglomerate you can also check out Orlando's IDrive, a fun strip of shopping, dining, and attractions.
- San FranciscoThe Golden Gate Bridge isn't the only iconic thing here in San Francisco, as you will soon see after your own visit. Head to the Fisherman's Wharf or Pier 39 to find all the best local things to do, see, and eat, or perhaps go a more historic/educational route and take a ferry to Alcatraz Island. Chinatown always has exciting events and dining opportunities to take part in, as well!
- HonoluluDo we really have to even explain why Honolulu is one of the top-visited U.S. destinations, both for international and domestic visitors? Honolulu is absolutely stunning, this tropical paradise offering tourists some of the finest oceanside views in the United States. Beachside recreation galore mixes with unbeatable natural scenery and local culture, making one of the best combinations for memorable travel experiences in America!
- Washington D.C.Of course, America's capital hits the list of top 10 U.S. destinations for international guests, this quintessentially American city offering all the best in history, education, and fun. Learn about the country's roots and judicial system, explore any of the Smithsonian Institutes, and enjoy a blossoming entertainment and dining scene all throughout the city, especially in areas such as Georgetown or the Southwest Waterfront.
For more trip options check out our U.S. Tours for International Students page!