Sharing how NYC works through HISTORY / INDUSTRY / FOOD
Turnstile Tours is a Brooklyn-based tour company that provides some of the most interesting, in-depth, and entertaining local tours you can find in NYC. This company is run by a benefit corporation, giving extra care to ensure customer satisfaction, perfect for your group during your class trip!
Your group can choose what type of tour you would like to take based on program, topic, transportation mode, date of visit, or possibly happening events, making it extremely easy to find exactly what you need. Here are some of the most popular choices from Turnstile:
- Brooklyn Navy Yard Tours - With 165 years of history building America's most famous fighting ships and aircraft carriers, the Brooklyn Navy Yard is one of the most interesting spots to take an educational tour. Here are the specific topic options when choosing this tour:
- Past, Present, and Future
- Inside Industry
- Architecture and Infrastructure
- Bike Tour
- Urban Ecology
- Seasonal Photography
- Brooklyn Army Terminal Tours - This 2-hour tour choice shows your group all the innovation seen in Sunset Park, with stories of influential soldiers, sailors, and longshoremen, as well as over 100 companies.
- Food Cart Tours - Manhattan Food Cart Tours consist of 2 hours of walking, sightseeing, and tasting the past and present of NYC street food. This tour includes 5-6 hearty tastings throughout.
There are several more tour options, such as the Public Market Tours, Prospect Park Tours, Factory Tours, Architecture Tours, and Private Tours.