Universal Studios is the ultimate senior class destination, whether it’s celebrating making it to your senior year, performing for or listening to a fun music group, or attending a famed Universal Grad Bash, these theme parks will provide tons of fun for any school group! There are a total of four separate Universal Studios locations throughout the world, two of them in the United States, one in Singapore and one in Japan. Here in the U.S., your class can head to the Sunshine State for a seaside Orlando adventure, or head east to the Gold Coast and hit the original Hollywood Hills cinema-themed park.
The best thing about planning a senior trip to Universal Studios? Simply put, the opportunities for customizable fun! At these theme parks, you can choose how many nights you stay, which parks or attractions you include, where you eat, shop, and what you are going to celebrate while you are here! This is a great option for large class trips with many different interests!
Universal Studios Los Angeles - The Universal Studios located in the Hollywood Hills is probably the closest to the true theme of the studios, a film studio and theme park all in one. Located in the San Fernando Valley, this cinematic adventure will take your class behind the scenes on real working movie sets while also offering all the best thrill rides. Explore the movie sets of Fast and Furious, King Kong, EXTRA TV working set, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (April 2016), and even Waterworld.
- Rides - The Simpsons Ride, Transformers 3D, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Super Silly Fun Land, Shrek 4-D, Special Effects, Jurassic Park the Ride, Revenge of the Mummy the Ride, Fast and Furious Supercharged
- Dining - Krusty Burger, Moe’s Tavern, Cletus Chicken Shack, Luigi’s Pizza, Duff Brewery Beer Garden Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck, Lard Lad Donuts, Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs, Phineas Q Butterfat Ice Cream. Jurassic Cafe, French Street Bistro, Gru’s Lab Cafe, Despicable Delights.
- Area Attractions - Universal CityWalk Hollywood - Shopping and Culture Plaza
iFLY Hollywood Indoor Skydiving - Skydive without ever getting on a plane!
Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood, B.B King Blues Club, Jon Lovitz Comedy Club
- Grad Bash - Grad Bash Universal Studios Hollywood is a new 2016 exclusive, beginning after the grand opening of the new Harry Potter World at the park. Enjoy the highest quality of fun and safest experience with a night full of DJs, dancing, music, food, and friends. There are 3 dates in May, one in June at this park this year, and plenty of out of park accommodations for hotels and food as well (Bubba Gumps and Jillian’s work with grad groups!)
Universal Studios Orlando - Universal Studios Orlando is a true wonderland of theme parks, located deep in the heart of the, always warm and breezy, state of Florida. Here you can experience over 25 amazing and award-winning rides, tons of live shows such as the Blue Man Group, 50 excellent eateries, and over 60 shopping opportunities, not to mention all that fresh seafood! Enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, Harry Potter - Hogsmeade, Islands of Adventure, and more!
- Rides - Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Skull Island: Reign of King Kong, Transformers: The Ride, Harry Potter, and the Forbidden Journey, Incredible Hulk Coaster, Doctor Doom’s Fearful
- Dining - Three Broomsticks, Mythos Restaurant, Confisco Grille & Backwater Bar, Cafe La Bamba, Mel’s Drive-In, Lombard’s Seafood Grille, Finnegan’s Bar and Grill, Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, Vivo Italian Kitchen, Red Oven Pizza Bakery
- Area Attractions - Discovery Cove - Explore the world of local ocean marine life. La Nouba - Cirque du Soleil, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Epcot, BEACH
- Grad Bash - Grad Bash Orlando throws two amazing parks together in one spectacular night of partying and celebrating in this once in a lifetime opportunity for grads. Enjoy Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for live concerts, shows, dance parties, street entertainment, and all the action and thrills your class can handle!
Universal Studios Protips:
- Skip the hype season, go when it's slower! September through November are the prime months to visit the park and beat the crowds, plus your class can enjoy fall festivals, Halloween festivities, and more bearable weather! Talk about motivation for the rest of the school year!
- Download Universal Studio’s free Wait Times app. This will help you plan your rides according to wait times all throughout the day. Save time, money, and get on more rides!
- Bring snacks and plenty of water for rests during the day and still save money (try a hydration backpack, they are allowed in the park!)
- Skip pricey souvenir photos, make your own, you’ll appreciate it more anyway. Also, limit yourself to one or two pricey souvenirs while here before going overboard (we all know it’s easy to do) and only bring a set amount of money to spend on food and shopping per day to avoid overspending.