Virginia Sports Hall of Fame
The mission of the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame is to celebrate athletic excellence in the Commonwealth and serve as a nonprofit educational resource centered on health, math, science and character development programs.
The Virginia Sports Hall of Fame is the perfect place to take your group to learn all about local athletic legends, from coaches, administrators, and players to journalists and media specialists!
This establishment first opened in 1972 and has since inducted 300 notable members of the athletic world that have either been born in Virginia or have enjoyed success in college, professional, amateur, or Olympic sports within the state.
This museum experience honors these sports stars and teams with various interactive multimedia exhibits, allowing you to explore just what makes sports in Virginia so exciting. The main exhibit feature is the Walk the Hall feature, a free pedestrian tour of educational displays within the Town Center of Virginia Beach that also features topical programs focused on the same. There are several more exhibits to visit throughout the city, such as the following;
- Hall of Honor - Clark Nexsen Tower
- Virginia's Coaching Legends - Two Columbus Tower
- Virginia's Golf Masters - Two Columbus Tower
- Virginia's Colleges and Universities - Armada Hoffler Tower
- Virginia's National Hall of Famers - Central Park Avenue
- Virginia's yar in Sports - Westin Hotel