Next Page For Class Trips..
It’s never too early to start planning your big Senior Class Trip, which is why we’re giving you a heads up on the hottest spots for senior celebrations in 2017. These eight amazing locations throughout the United States provide the most popular destinations for students who love culture, history, education, and fun! Not only will your student group take something important out of each of these locations, but they will also have the time of their lives and make lasting memories, each listed destination predicted to be the best spots to visit in 2017.
Kansas City - Missouri
- Kansas City is one of the most underrated travel destinations in our opinion, a true Missouri gem often overlooked in favor of St. Louis or Branson. Head to Kauffman and Arrowhead Stadium to see the Royals and/or Chiefs play, or perhaps to the Independence Sports Center to see the Missouri Mavericks face-off with the St.Louis Blues. Head to Worlds of Fun or Oceans of Fun for a roller coaster paradise, KC Power & Light for live music and fun, or the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art for some amazing local culture. Don’t forget fun music festivals downtown, great shopping centers throughout the city, and some of the best BBQ food in the U.S. at Joe’s Kansas City BBQ! This is one of the best cities predicted to view the 2017 total solar eclipse, as well.
- Many people may not be aware of it, but 2016 was the 100th anniversary of the National Park System in the United States. That is why we are dubbing 2017 "the year of the national parks," the perfect time to visit some of the most beautiful, pristine, wild, and protected places in America. Our top choice? Unarguably the Badlands in South Dakota. Here you will find some of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring natural monuments, buttes, canyons, pinnacles, and spires in the entire United States, the park sitting on 244,000 acres of gorgeous land filled with fossils, wildlife, and unbelievable natural scenery.
- It’s hard to escape the current senior travel trend as Miami remains one of the top-ranked destinations for both high school and college seniors for the past five years! Miami is the king of senior class trips for three main reasons: temperature, tropical setting, and timeless scenery. The average year-round sunny temps of 75 degrees play a major part in Miami’s attraction, as do the beachy scenery and Caribbean-infused tropical settings. Enjoy some of the freshest seafood, some of the absolute best water sport opportunities, and amazing entertainment options, with several nightly concerts, live shows, sports events, and firework shows happening during the warmer months! Miami is one seriously hot student destination!
- Louisville may be a surprise to you as one of the top senior destinations for 2017, but it really shouldn’t, the Kentucky city is quickly becoming one of the top places for students to learn, dine, and play! Enjoy the history of horse racing, the culture of plantation living, and Southern charm and beauty you won’t find anywhere else. The comfort food options are out of this world, and you will even get the chance to get active as you visit the newest top attraction for students here, Mega Cavern. This underground bike park features over 320,000 square feet of trails, tracks, and jumps 100 feet below the city’s surface in a limestone cavern!
- Philadelphia, the "City of Brotherly Love," is truly the perfect place for a senior class trip in 2017, boasting some of the most vibrant United States history, current local culture, and most forthcoming political scene. Philadelphia has way more than great cheesesteaks as far as food goes, so be sure to spend some time checking out the Chinatown District and the many options at Reading Market. Learn all about our founding fathers, as well as the history behind this becoming America’s first UNESCO spot! Enjoy the gorgeous views from One Liberty Observation Deck, admire some truly amazing works at the Philly Museum of Art, and get it on the fast-pace and exciting Democratic Convention discussion downtown!
- Daytona Beach is another one of the destinations you shouldn't be shocked to see on our list. Daytona Beach has been one of the top student getaway destinations for some time now, boasting pretty much everything that Miami has and more. In Daytona, your senior class group can get a serious thrill at Daytona International Speedway, spot local wildlife such as Bottlenose Dolphins on the Atlantic Ocean or Halifax River sightseeing cruise, and even learn all about the local maritime involvement at the Ponce De Leon Historic Lighthouse and State Park. Did we forget to mention the amazing local seafood shacks all around town and the out-of-this-world amazing vibe of Daytona Beach and Boardwalk?
- Head south to San Antonio for a truly interesting senior class trip in the wonderfully wild state of Texas. This popular UNESCO World Heritage Site will allow your student group to explore the history of the Spanish empire, remember the Alamo, and even kayak the San Antonio River! The entire city of San Antonio is full of some of the most vibrant local culture, not to mention some of the freshest and most authentic local foods, ranging from spicy local peppers and authentic Tex Mex to amazing Texas-style BBQ and southern comfort foods. While here be sure to save plenty of time to explore the ecosystem, full of abundant wildlife and something new around every corner!
- Hawaii has always been a top spot for senior class getaways, so naturally, we had to fit it on our 2017 list. Going back to the year of the national parks, in Hawaii your senior class can get in on some of the hottest island action and explore Oahu’s nearby Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. This gorgeous and completely unique ecosystem is full of absolutely amazing panoramic vistas, informative geology walks and talks, and interesting after-dark lava walks! Enjoy the beach, get yourself a lei, and drink from pineapple, but also do something you’ve never done before while here, such as the growing popular Ronger Relay overnight race, planned to be in Oahu in 2017!