Next Page for 2017 Travel Trends
Want to know the latest and greatest in Travel Trends? Well, look no further, because we have all the most important travel trends for 2017 right here!
- Local Travel - One of the newest and hottest travel trends that we are expecting to explode in 2017 is that of local travel. In the past, most trips and/or vacations planned and booked are extravagant in one sense or another, going some place far away and foreign or world-renown in some way. While there is truly nothing wrong with that, it seems that lately, the bigger trend is to travel within one's means, within one’s own country, province, or state, and within one’s own backyard, even. Local travel allows you to get to know your own land, see sights you may have been passing over, and be an even bigger culture connoisseur than before!
Adventure Student Tip: Head to your local state park and/or lake. You will be able to get active, get into nature, and learn so much more about your local geology, agriculture, wildlife, and history!
- Underwater Experiences - We have always loved to travel to watery, clear blue, marine-life-filled locations, the beach being a staple in most people's travel plans at one point or another. We have not, however, always wanted to stay underwater for the night, visit the dead underwater, or even eat dinner underwater. Another top trend of 2017 travel is und
erwater experiences, from the increasing amount of underwater lodges and hotels popping up (or down) to the somewhat bizarre clustering of underwater interment possibilities. There are even a few dining options underwater!
Adventure Student Tip: If you are near the Florida Coast you’ll have to try out Jules’ Underwater Lodge for a truly authentic, and not overwhelmingly luxurious, night in the ocean!
- Pinspiration - As many readers are already aware, today finding travel inspiration is as easy as logging onto your Pinterest account, searching a destination, and pinning all the information and planning tools you can. Pinterest travel inspiration, or ‘Pinspiration’ as we like to call it, opens up completely new doors to prospective travelers who want to know more about the location, culture, food, or sights of a new city. Not only that, but you can communicate with other travelers, get amazing tips for your specific location, and spend minutes (or hours) getting lost in the different foods, styles, and wildlife shown through the various pins online.
Adventure Student Tip: Create a Dream Board on Pinterest with your ideal travel destination, all the tips you can find, and at least 3 documented choices for restaurants and lodging.
- River Cruising - We know that River Cruising is not by any means a new trend in the world of travel overall, but what we find interesting is that it is predicted that it will be a more popular method of cruising than ocean cruising in the coming years! That is a huge travel trend to be on the lookout for, especially if you live in a land-locked area full of rivers and have never actually stuck your toes in the sand of a salty ocean. There are more and more local opportunities popping up for amazing evening or weekend river cruises, each filled with way more history and scenery than you probably first thought!
Adventure Student Tip: Check your area’s local river for fun lunch, dinner, theme, or weekend cruises instead of planning a big trip to the coast. NOLA has amazing river cruising options!
- Bleisure Travel - One of the most interesting, in our opinion, new travel trends of the upcoming season is that of Bleisure, as Fortune Magazine likes to call it. Bleisure is what they have dubbed the official word for Business and Leisure travel, a mix of what you have to do, and what you want to do. Many jobs offer special ‘business trips’, conference trips, or even incentive trips to their employees, many of which are coming with increasingly enjoyable options such as being able to bring your family along, being able to have time to yourself once there, and being able to work for travel payment.
Adventure Student Tip: Ask your company about business and incentive trip opportunities and start working towards one today!
- Airbnb & Uber - Many people are calling this new era of travel we are entering one of ‘sharing’, this concept made possible and popular by such companies as Airbnb and Uber. Both of these convenient travel tools allow you to share and/or rent lodging and transportation in your destination city, for a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the hassle. Not only is it typically easier and cheaper, but you will also be able to share a space and immerse yourself into the culture much easier than you would in a hotel or taxi!
Adventure Student Tip: Opt in for a shared ride, you’ll get cheaper rates, better local advice on attractions and restaurants, and even make a friend in the process!
- Travel Apps - There are so many different travel apps on the market today and such widespread and easy access to smartphones or tablets that it’s easy to see why using travel apps is one of the biggest growing travel trends for 2017. From TripCase to Google Translate, your phone has got you covered in almost all travel needs! New and improved travel apps come especially in handy when you are lost, in need of a map, or in need of G.P.S!
Adventure Student Tip: Search your app store for the latest and greatest travel apps, the market is constantly expanding and getting better, making traveling so much easier and worry-free!