LEGOLAND Discovery Center
With 22 total locations around the world, LEGOLAND Discovery Center is becoming among one of the most popular indoor family entertainment centers of our time. These colorfully immersive learn and play centers are considered 'the ultimate indoor LEGO playground', providing children ages 2-12 with LEGO models, rides, games, shows, and attractions galore.
While each individual Discovery Center is different, they all have a common theme, set up, and attraction offering. Here are the attractions you can expect at each Discovery Center:
- Miniland - A miniature version of the host city, typically, made entirely out of LEGOS (typically over 1.5 million bricks total!).
- 4D Theater - All the great LEGO movies with the additional thrill of wind, rain, and snow effects.
- Kingdom Quest - A fun interactive ride in which you will get to help rescue the Princess!
- Merlin's Apprentice - Another fun ride where the faster you pedal your cart, the faster you get to conjure up spells to help Merlin!
- Factory Tour/Master Builder Academy - LEGO utilizes a fun interactive game to teach you how LEGOs are made as you mix, heat, mold, and decorate the bricks yourself.
There are subtle differences in these attractions at each different site, plus some different options overall depending on where you are. Duplo Farm, Earthquake Tables, Racers: Build and Test, and Art Gallery are among some of the extras you will find at different centers across America.
Each location offers a retail shop and coffee shop for your dining and shopping convenience, as well as additional educational workshop experiences for school groups and field trips.
LEGOLAND Discovery Centers offer hands-on learning across the curriculum, including science, mathematics, language arts, social studies, and engineering design, while building and reinforcing Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.