Whether you're graduating from college, high school, or just the 8th grade, moving on from your classmates and school is a pretty big deal. We believe that graduation should be celebrated to the fullest extent, and what better way to do that than with a senior trip? You'll get one last big blowout to commemorate your time at school, and it will guarantee you memories to last a lifetime. Need some high school senior trip ideas? Here are our top ten recommendations!
- Kick-off your Daytona Beach trip at, you guessed it -- the beach! Then, when you've had enough R&R, stop by the Jackie Robinson Ballpark for a quick game. For a chance at eternal youth, visit the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse, and afterward, have some fun at the Boardwalk Amusement Area. Need a little more action? Zoom past the famous Daytona International Speedway, then cool down at Daytona Lagoon.
- For the Lone Star lovers out there, a San Antonio senior trip can provide a huge variety of exciting activities. Experience the 15-mile River Walk of cultural hotspots, restaurants, shops, key historic sites, and exhibits and other “Totally Tejas” attractions, and take a historical stop at the Alamo to learn about Texas' vivid past. The Tower of the Americas gives you a bird's eye view of the city, while Schlitterbahn Waterpark provides a wet and wild excursion from your average day.
- Want a historical experience mixed with top-notch fun? Try visiting Williamsburg for an Eastern Seaboard bash. Set a full day aside to ride world-class coasters at Busch Gardens, and if you get hot, cool down at Water Country USA water park. For an air of mystery, brave your way through a Haunted Williamsburg tour, then slide by Ripley's Believe It Or Not! If your group loves to shop until they drop, spend a bit of time at Williamsburg Premium Outlets.
- Of course, our top-requested senior trip destination is the magnificent Big Apple. With an overwhelming amount to see and do in NYC, rely on AST to help you create the perfect customized trip with perfect scheduling, so that you don't have to be stressed with planning. Our top-requested attractions include Central Park, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Broadway, 9/11 Memorial, and Chinatown. Let us help you create the perfect New York experience!
- Noticing a trend here? We truly believe some of the best senior trips take place on the beach, and Virginia Beach is no exception. Check out the infamous Boardwalk after a calm day in the sand, and squeeze in a little shopping at Atlantic Avenue. For an awesome party, take an American Rover Student Party Cruise, complete with professional DJs and tasty dining. Hit up Ocean Breeze Water Park for a splash, or take a short trip to Busch Gardens in nearby Williamsburg.
- Feel like hanging out on the West Coast for your senior trip? See what movie magic inspires at Universal Studios Park, find your favorite celeb's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and see where the Oscars take place each year at the Kodak Theater. Take a break from the glitz with some time at the beach, or keep the attractions coming to Chinatown, Disneyland and Six Flags Magic Mountain. There's something for every star in LA.
4. Chicago, IL
- A trip to the Windy City may be just what the doctor ordered after a busy senior year. Visit iconic attractions like Navy Pier and the Bean in Millennium Park, as well as spending time at world-class museums such as the Art Institute, Field Museum, or Adler Planetarium. Shop on the Magnificent Mile, and say hello to some friendly sea critters at Shedd Aquarium.
3. Orlando, FL
- What puts Orlando so high up on our top list is its annual Grad Bash -- a gigantic celebration in the Orlando theme parks specifically for seniors and recent grads. After the party, spend some time exploring Universal Studios, Island of Adventure, and Cocoa Beach.
- Who wouldn't want a senior trip to Hawaii? With one of our 5-day specialized packages, your group will be able to explore all the major islands. Get adventurous at Kuoloa Ranch, learn how to hula, visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial, attend a traditional Luau, and so much more! Don a lei and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
- For an East Coast escape, Ocean City is a top choice for student travelers. Enjoy free beach access to rest and relax to your heart's content, then take some time strolling the famous Boardwalk. For a day of adventure, take an Assateague Eco-Cruise, catch some rides at Jolly Roger Amusement Park, and figure out your way through a massive maze at Planet Maze Lastertron. Don't forget to stop by the Ocean City Life Saving Station, part of the Coastal System established by the United States Treasury Department for the saving of vessels in distress and lives in peril on the waters, and finish off your trip with a visit to the weird and strange Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
Bigger, Better, and Beachier:
Take in all the bright beaches, subtropical jungle wonderlands, and Cuban and Caribbean influences that make Miami, Florida, the absolute best place to retreat for a true adventure! Miami offers a wide variety of fun entertainment, sunny and sandy beaches, and a truly vibrant community life making it the perfect choice for a graduation celebration. Here you can visit the beach, the natural and gorgeous everglades, top-notch zoo's and aquariums, massive shopping centers, and even take some of the best walking and boat tours in the state!
Celebrate with all the surf, sand, and sun you can handle, plus a few educational opportunities here and there, at gorgeous Panama City Beach! Panama City Beach has so much to offer your student group, from the award-winning tropical eateries to the world-class museums, and all the beachside fun you can have in between. You will take part in some of the state's best shopping, sightseeing, and even cruises, all while learning a little bit more about the local culture, ecosystems, and history.
Want more ideas: 10 More Senior Trip Ideas