If your travel group intends to hold on until midnight on the East Coast then you’d better pack for cold weather! The annual New Years Eve ball drop in New York City’s Times Square is a tradition that has been organized since 1907 and it doesn’t stop for frosty temperatures!
1. The first thing your team will need is layered clothing! Coats, gloves, hats, scarves, cozy socks, leg warmers, you name it!
2. Plan on standing room only, so pack those shoes accordingly! Your feet won’t be seen in the sea of onlookers so leave the heels back at the room.
3. Make sure any cameras between you have battery power! Practice with the night settings beforehand so you don’t miss a beat!
4. Anything to eat or drink should definitely accompany your group when you arrive unless you plan on a large meal prior to the festivities. Once you find a spot you like the view from, it can be difficult to maneuver through the crowds to escape for a beverage or snack. Be sure to use the restroom also because there are none available to the public.
5. This is the biggest New Year party on the planet, so be responsible and don’t pack your valuables along with you in the event of loss or theft. But most of all, have an incredible time and be safe!